News and Noteworthy Information for Educators
You will find news and announcements of interest to Arkansas educators below. If you'd like to share your news, please contact Claudia at Claudia@economicsarkansas.org. Thank you.
- Teacher grant applications now accepted through Aug. 1 for fall 2017 July 2017
- Economics Arkansas announces an immediate job opening for an executive director. June 2017
- March 2017 Program Highlights now available. March 2017
- Please plan to participate in ARGives Day, April 6, 2017, and support Economics Arkansas. March 2017
- Registrations for Econ in the Rock now accepted. March 2017
- The 2017-18 Economics Concept Calendar is now available for viewing and downloading. December 2016
- Introducing "The Bessie." November 2016
- Winners of the 2016 BBM awards announced. September 2016
- Great online article, The 74 Million, about G&T teacher Shelina Warren of Pine Bluff. June 2016
- Read our May 2016 program highlights here. May 2016
- Read our March 2016 program highlights here. March 2016
- Kudos to one of our own, MET Shelina Warren of Pine Bluff, for winning a national award. Sept. 30, 2015
- Congratulations to the 2015 Bessie B. Moore Winners. Sept. 15, 2015
- Apply for 2015-16 economic education grants, get ready for the 2015-16 Stock Market Game.
- Register now for our summer 2015 professional development workshops.
- Great news story of Doug Vann, chemistry teacher at Bryant High School, for winning a Bessie B. Moore award in Nov. 2014
- We have added "January 2015" to Economics for All Seasons on our website. Preview, Download
- Congratulations to the 2014 Bessie B. Moore award winners!
- The Global Economic Education Alliance and several partnership organizations are hosting an Economic Education Teacher Study Tour to Peru during spring break in March 2015. For more information and an application, click here.
- Experience "Economics for All Seasons," a new addition to our Educational Resources page. (Scroll down just a tad.) You'll find economic and personal finance lesson plans and resources based on the themes of the seasons. Check out "A Harvest of Economic Activities" and " 'tis the Season for Economics."
- Economics Arkansas is now accepting partnership agreements with school districts. Benefits include customized professional development, training to meet Arkansas History and Technology requirements, priority notice of upcoming PD opportunities and conferences, and refund of certain registration fees.
- Stock Market Game training and registration now underway.
- Apply now for an economic education grant of up to $750 for the 2014-15 school year. Deadline is Sept. 19.
- Register now for the CEE National Conference, Oct. 8-11, 2014
- "Show Me the Money," a short presentation about how to write an Economics Arkansas Economics Education Grant application is now available online.
- Register Now for our Many Summer 2014 Professional Development opportunities, May 1, 2014
- Register Now for the 8th Annual Economics Exchange on May 16, April 1, 2014
- Governor Mike Beebe Declares April Financial Literacy Month, March 31, 2014
Click here for our event calendar.