NEW STANDARDS...No Sweat!
Economics: It’s Not Dismal Anymore
This five day workshop is your guide to teaching the High School Economics Course!
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. daily
Registration Fee: $50.00
Economics Arkansas has developed a training strategy to ensure Arkansas teachers are excited and well prepared to teach the course. This workshop will be very interactive and will have those attending fully engaged each day!
This workshop is designed to prepare teachers to present the BRAND NEW economics standards in a way that will engage high school students through active participation. Pedagogy and strategies for teaching the High School Economics course will be demonstrated.
Participants will receive the updated Tools for Teaching the Arkansas Economics and Personal Finance Course* that has been correlated to the BRAND NEW Arkansas Economics standards (Economic Decision Making, Exchange and Markets, National Economy, Global Economy, and Personal Financial Management) and cross-referenced to Common Core State Standards. Participants also receive Virtual Economics®4.0, a flash drive containing over 1400 reproducible lessons in economics and personal finance.
The week-long workshop will simulate an 18 week high school course. After completing this workshop teachers can literally teach to all the standards without any additional resources if they choose! If you already have a textbook, this curriculum will be an outstanding supplemental resource!
- Open to teachers who are currently certified in secondary social studies or business education.
- Priority registration will be given to those teaching the required high school economics course.
- Thirty hours of ADE Certified Professional Development Credit.
- $250 Stipend mailed to you upon successful completion of the workshop, daily attendance required.
- Teaching resources and materials provided.
- Breaks and Lunches will be provided daily.
Maximum: 30 participants
You will receive a letter of confirmation and additional information upon receipt of the fee.