Congratulations to the winners of the 2013-14 Bessie B. Moore awards! They were honored during a gala luncheon on Nov. 13, 2014, at the Clinton Library Great Hall.
Photos can be viewed here.
Keynote speaker Michelle Hargis Wolfe, vice president of human resources, Walmart, illustrated how excellent educators can inspire students to lead lives in pursuit of learning and setting goals.
The 2014 winners and their projects include:
- Pamela Powell Connor, “Super Bowl Economic Playbook,” Elmdale Elementary School, Springdale School District
- Jerri Emrick, “National Treasures vs. Economic Trade-offs,” Ozark Junior High School, Ozark School District
- Tracy Floyd, “All Tied up in Economics,” Woods Elementary School, Fort Smith School District
- Allyson Barber Goodin, “Music, Money and More,” Wynne High School, Wynne School District
- Valerie Harp, “Economics Makes Students—Happy, Happy, Happy,” Hartford Elementary School, Hartford School District
- Kathryn JoAnne Robinson, “Night: The Economics of Survival,” Chaffin Junior High School, Fort Smith School District
- Deborah Shearer, “Economics is on the Loose with Dr. Seuss,” Baker Elementary School, Pulaski County Special School District
- Amy L. Smallwood, “Economics isn’t Depressing,” Grace Hill Elementary School, Rogers School District
- Lisa Taylor, “The Economics of Arkansas: The Land of Opportunity and the Natural State,” Willis D. Shaw Elementary School, Springdale School District
- Kristina Thrift, “All Tied up in Economics,” Woods Elementary School, Fort Smith School District
- Douglas Vann, “The Chemistry of Economics: What Really Matters!” Bryant High School, Bryant School District
- Shelina Warren, “TV Reality Check: Economics Style,” Scoggins-May-Hall GT Center, Pine Bluff School District
- Jennifer Wiggins, “Economics of Inventive Thinking,” Willis D. Shaw Elementary School, Springdale School District
- Arkansas Association of Educational Administrators
- Arkansas Bankers Association
- Arkansas Department of Education
- Arkansas Farm Bureau Insurance
- Bean Hamilton Corporate Benefits
- Daisy Outdoor Products
- Farmers Bank & Trust Magnolia
- Friday, Eldredge & Clark
- Horatio State Bank
- Munro & Co.
- Thomas & Thomas LLP
- UALR College of Business and
- Jim and Renee Wooten
We are deeply grateful to the following sponsors for making the Bessie B. Moore program possible: