Bessie B. Moore Awards Program
The Bessie B. Moore Awards Program recognizes Arkansas teachers for going “above and beyond” what is required by developing outstanding economic and personal finance projects they integrate into the classroom during the school year.
The recipients are visited by the "Bessie Brigade" each fall, with a monetary award, a basket of goodies, and - premiering in 2016 - "The Bessie."
Our 2022-23 winners are:
- Wesley Ader: When Going to the World Cup Hits Home, Bryant Junior High, Bryant Public Schools
- Rebekah Bilderback: Economics is Life: Life Skills 101, Greenbrier Junior High, Greenbrier School District (now in Conway Public Schools)
- Misty Burgess: Scarcity in Our World, Greenbrier High, Greenbrier School District
- Jamie Garmon: What's Popping in Economics?, Baker Elementary, Pulaski County Special School District
- Amy Gordon: The Lemonade War, Barling Elementary, Fort Smith Public Schools
- Valarie Harp: Beachonomics, Hackett Elementary, Hackett School District
- Ruthie Walls: From Ninth Street to Now, Central High School, Little Rock School District