Bessie B. Moore Awards Program
The Bessie B. Moore Awards Program recognizes Arkansas teachers for going “above and beyond” what is required by developing outstanding economic and personal finance projects they integrate into the classroom during the school year.
The recipients receive statewide recognition from board members and donors during an annual luncheon hosted each fall, a monetary award, and--premiering in 2016--"The Bessie."
The winners for the 2020-2021 competition are:
- Rebekah Bilderback: Homeless Bird, Greenbrier Middle School, Greenbrier School District
- Valarie Harp: Memoirs of an Economist, Hackett Elementary, Hackett School District
- Cherese Smith: The Economics of Arkansas' Legendary Ghosts and Monsters, Ozark Junior High, Ozark School District
- Meredith Stewart: Cafe Friday, Ozark Junior High, Ozark School District
- Jessica Talley: Billy Sure Could; We Sure Can, Too!, East Side Elementary, Magnolia School District